If you don’t chew you are decreasing your body’s inclination to digest and absorb food properly.
1. Fruit Rules
- Fruits can only be eaten raw.
- Any exposure to heat or cooking destroys all nutrient value in fruits.
- Fruits should be the first meal of your day.
- Avoid fruit consumption post noon.
- Never eat fruit with cereal or post cereals.
- Melons and bananas should not be paired with other fruits.
- Juices negate the positive benefits of eating fruits.
- Many fruits have a high glycemic index, they do not increase overall blood sugar if eaten correctly.
- Fruits are essential foods for maintaining the fluid balance in the body.
2. Milk rules
- Ghee or clarified butter is the best milk product one can consume.
- A few spoons of fresh/non-refrigerated yoghurt are a great probiotic for the body.
- Milk extracts digestive energy and calcium from the body in excess of the calcium that it provides.
- Casein protein in milk makes it less suitable for regular human consumption.
- Packaged milk sources have synthetic chemicals, powders and fortifications which change the biochemical composition of milk.
- Only small quantities of milk from a genuine source or desi cow are advisable.
- Whey water is easy digestible and healthier as compared to ‘chena’ or paneer.
- Milk should be consumed in isolation and not combined with other foods.
- Drink milk warm and frothy if at all….makes it easier to digest.
3. Vegetable Rules
- Blanch all vegetables before consumption.
- Lightly steamed salads are safer than completely raw- owing to the fertilizers and other toxic exposures.
- VIBGYOR – your daily health mantra.