Breastfeeding is a choice albeit one that is extremely beneficial for both mothers and babies.
In lieu of the World Breastfeeding Week, Vidhi Beri had conducted a Facebook Live session where we got to hear about the breastfeeding journey of two mothers that come from two very different spectrums of life.
Shikha Kedia Bharadwaj, a corporate leader (CEO, BitQuest), is also a mother of a five-year-old and will be joining us to share her breastfeeding story along with Dr. Suchismita Chowdhury Pathak MBBS, DNB (Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist) who is nursing her two-month-old baby. Let's connect together and hear what stories these two wonderful mothers that I know, have to share with all of us!
The talk was LIVE on the Facebook page on August 9, 7 pm IST, on Vidhi Beri Facebook page.
If you missed the live session on breastfeeding, we got covered it here. Key take away from the live session:
1. Here we discussed about the difficulties during breastfeeding Journey for a working mom and how it becomes very difficult to manage your work and baby at the same time. On this Shikha Kedia Bharadwaj shares her journey how she managed her work life and breastfeeding journey as a mother. She also tells us how important it is to have an understanding and supportive family which can help to balance your work life and breastfeeding journey.
2. Here in this video, Vidhi Beri explains to us how breastfeeding mothers are mostly affected with self-doubt and how they start losing their identity in this journey. She also explains about the problems in our education system as it doesn’t cover maternity as a part which could help in the proper education of the young mother and people who are not so aware of the need of lactation expert while their lactation journey.
3. After that Dr. Suchismita Chowdhury explains why there is a need of lactation expert and how they help the breastfeeding mother to clear all their self-doubts and give them emotional support in the process of breastfeeding and she also empathies on the part that how the breast milk is sufficient for the newborn baby.
4. On the later part, some myths are discussed which are mostly faced by every mother in their lactation journey and how they are asked to eat enough so that enough milk is produced by the breastfeeding mother.
5. Towards the end of the discussion Dr, Suchismita shared some tips and precautions which are needed to be taken for breastfeeding mother in this difficult time of Covid-19 and she also highlights the guidelines from WHO on breastfeeding for a Covid-19 positive mother.
This is the very first live session of the Talkshow - Discover H.E.A.L by Vidhi Beri. I will be coming up with new live sessions every week. Catch me up live this week on Facebook with Kadambari Rana on Sunday at 7 pm.